WORD OF THE WEEKWord of the week - short notes of a study done soemtime during the past week and it is aimed at being inspirational and useful for teaching. Please note that it is being replaced every week with a new and fresh word.To receive your weekly word by email please write to me - Email Weekly word and you will be notified.
THE HOLY ORDER OF PROFITAn exposition of Isaiah 48 verse seventeen (48v17) - "Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou should go."
1. God must firstly be your Lord. This is the Lord that speaks to you. He is alive He speaks and He must be Lord of your life. Profit must not be your motive and no idol worship, neither should there be any sin(secret) or any hidden thing. He must be the Lord of your life. The Lordship of God/Jesus/Holy Spirit who speaks must be firmly established in your life.
2. For Him to be Lord He must first be Redeemer. In this you also need the certainty and assurance of salvation. Redemption as a principle i.e. bought from the kingdom of darkness and brought into the light – the marvellous light! It must be firmly established. He is my Redeemer.
3. He is the Holy One. If therefore I am redeemed and He is my Lord I should strive to be Holy as well. Holy in Him but also the daily crucified life – a holy lifestyle. Like Master/Father so the servant/son must be. This is a life of confession and repentance as a lifestyle - sin shall not have dominion over me.
4. He is not only the Holy One but the Holy One of Israel. He identifies with Israel. He made promises to her and her offspring. He is the Holy One of Israel. We should also be rightly related to Israel and bless the seed of Abraham and pray for the peace of Jerusalem. God is working in Israel to bring about an end time function for her. Israel is blessed we should also bless Israel.
5. From this (1 -4) my God is a God who teaches. So then I must be teachable and humble enough to “sit under” good Bible based teaching. I must be teachable in order to receive the greater teachings of God. I must sit "under" teaching.
6. Then comes the teaching of profit. Note profit does not come first, no - the teaching of profit comes first. How it works and what is profit? Eternal profit, the profit of quality of life, and spiritual life and health and also physical profit and yes money teaching.
7. Now I must be led. To be led means that I cannot make the decisions. I must be led. To be led is to hear His voice and understand the guidance the Holy Spirit gives us. I am either doing my thing or I am led to do what God wants. I must hear and discern His voice and guidance.
8. As I learn this guidance and the principles of being led and start to experience it, a realization comes of "The way". Not my way but God's way. He has a way for me - a destiny - a path to travel on. God reveals a specific way for me. I must understand my mission - the Way God has for me. the path of my life.
9. Now in "the Way" I must be "led". Many have knowledge of their destiny but tries to accomplish it in their own strength and their own leading. But accomplishment comes when we are "led" in God's way for our life. Not in "my way fashion" but his way - His methods, His implementation - how He guides and when He guides...
10. And yes then PROFIT realizes - it cannot be withheld! It is yours!
This then is the Holy Order of Profit. The terminology of an order in Christian terms means not only knowledge, but also to believe it (solid conviction) and lastly COMPLIACE. Without all three there is no profit. That is why it is called an Order. An order is something where choice is eliminated. It is an order! The Holy Order of Profit.
DO YOU WANT PROFIT IN YOUR LIFE?
GLORY TO JESUS!!!!!! I pray that God will richly bless this short word to you and have a great week.
“Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. “ - 1 Corinthians 15:1-11(ESV)